The boys did great in the car - we made it to Hector in an hour and a half! No potty breaks - although as we got closer to Joy's house, Hunter said "mommy, I gotta go pee-pee". Thankfully we were only a few minutes from her house. It was a very eventful night - it stormed SO bad! Around 8/9pm, the tornado sirens started going off, I was like WHAT!?!? They don't have a TV that gets local channels, so I couldn't turn to Ed Buckner for any weather updates! I frantically logged onto their computer, but couldn't find anything that put my mind at ease - however I was able to pinpoint the location/county of Hector!!! Aaron and Fran were both updating me what the weather folks were saying via cell phone. Poor Joy must've thought I was crazy when I was shutting all her bedroom doors and sitting in the hallway! Thankfully, no tornadoes were produced and it was just a really bad thunderstorm with lots of lightning and thunder. They had a small boat for sale in the front yard and the neck of the trailer was knocked off the bucket it was sitting on and a tree was down in the road by their driveway. It rained all day Saturday, so we were stuck indoors, but Hunter and Abigail really enjoyed playing with each other until the very end when Hunter started to get cranky because of no nap. Joy is so good with the kids - she even let them bake a cake - Hunter had a BLAST! We left Hector at 4pm and not even 5 minutes down the road, Hunter was out! Both the boys slept the entire way home, I only pulled off twice (once in Atkins to get a Snickers blast at Sonic!) and then in Mayflower because Harrison woke up and wanted his paci. Although it rained the entire way, we were home by 5:30 - I was exhausted! Aaron cooked me a yummy supper (pork tenderloin, sweet tater, squash and mac/cheese). My husband knows when I need a good supper!
Mix it good!



Hunter's First Cake Beater! Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment