As I'm sure you all know, Hunter is a BIG Thomas & Friends fan. He has so many of the trains aka "choo-choo's", it's ridiculous! Well, the other night we were laying in bed and I'm trying to teach him to say his name "Hunter Reid" and also baby's name "Harrison Gordon". As soon as he heard that Harrison's middle name was Gordon, he said, I'm James. Gordon is one of the train engines and so is James. The real kicker is if I hadn't loved Reid so much, I would have used James for his middle name because that's Aaron's middle name. But I liked Reid TOO much (I liked it so much, that I almost used it as his call name). But for Hunter to pick James is just funny to me. I wondered when I picked Gordon as Harrison's middle name if Hunter would ever think of Thomas and all his Really Useful engine friends! Of course, Harrison was given the middle name Gordon because that was my brother's name, but I'm sure he will think he had a part in naming his baby brother. Silly boy!

James is a medium-sized engine. His six driving wheels are not as big as Gordon's and not as small as Thomas'. He has a fine scarlet coat and brass dome and likes to think of himself as a Really Splendid Engine. This can occasionally lead to high-falutin' ideas about the sort of work suitable for such a noble creature : invariably they land James into trouble. Fun Fact: James is a mixed traffic engine, which means he can pull both passenger coaches as well as freight cars.

Gordon is the senior member of the engine family, the fastest and most powerful of Sir Topham Hatt's string - and he knows it. He's goodhearted, though, and always willing to forgive, and use his superior strength to help smaller engines out of trouble.
Fun Fact: When the Queen visited the Island, it was Gordon that Sir Topham Hatt turned to, to take the Queen around Sodor.
Only a mother would post Thomas pics on her blog. lol.
ReplyDelete