




Hunter had his first ever dental appointment yesterday (April 20th). I was scared on how he was going to react. I had my teeth cleaned first, so that he could get used to the idea of being in the office. Leigh was really good at showing him what she was doing to mommy and he thought it was neat. He thought the light was bright that they use for lighting, so he gave me my sunglasses - too cute. He knows how much I can't tolerate brightness! After I was done, it was his turn. It took a little bit to coax him into getting into the chair, but he finally got up there and got his teeth cleaned. At first he didn't like all the grittiness from the toothpaste, so he asked for water and he LOVED the "water gun". After that, every few seconds he would say "need water". Eventually all teeth were cleaned and he had a bright, shiny smile! No cavities - she said they looked good! What a relief! I was afraid she would say, he's got 10 cavities! If you have small kids, you know how hard it is to get them to let you brush their teeth, it's a constant fight!!! But nope, all 20 teeth looked good. We go back in 6 months.






No comments:
Post a Comment