The Sredin Family

Aaron, Casey, Hunter & Harrison

About Us

Aaron and I met each other December 1995 and we got married September 7, 2002. We welcomed our first born son Hunter Reid on March 21, 2006. Hunter became a big brother when Harrison Gordon arrived on January 12, 2009. God has blessed us with two beautiful healthy boys! This blog is a way to document and share our life with you! Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Trip to Berryville/Eureka Springs, AR

We drove to northwest Arkansas this past weekend for a wedding (Treven Butler, my cousin Tammy's oldest son). We stayed in Eureka Springs on Saturday night since the wedding didn't start until 7pm. The trip up wasn't too bad, although we had to wait 45 minutes to check in because our room wasn't ready yet. To pass the time, we decided to drive through Eureka Springs. We weren't too impressed...it's a nice quaint little town, very historical looking, but we we were wondering what the fuss was all about. It was great seeing all of my "Morris" cousins and my Uncle Jim and Aunt Marcella never seem to age - they look the same (if not better) than they did 30 years ago! It was quite funny, when I saw that all the girls (Trena, Teresa and Tonya) were wearing black/white, I thought to myself, "I didn't get the memo to wear black/white". I wore black dressy capris and a black/white top, funny how I am so much like them. At one point during the wedding, I told Hunter "Look at the pretty princess" and his reply, "Where's Shrek?". How cute! The wedding was beautiful and I hope Treven and Angela have a happy marriage! Hunter had a blast playing with Jimmy's girls Destiny and Aly - they were such beautiful little girls and were mother hen's to Hunter. Of course everyone said that Harrison looked so much like his daddy. It was a long day and we were so tired, we all slept good that night. Before heading back to Little Rock, we decided to go see the Christ of the Ozarks. When Hunter saw the big statue, I asked him who that was and he said "Jesus!". The statue is so HUGE! Afterwards, we took Hunter to this Railway place that had old trains that you could look at, the place was closed, but we were still able to let Hunter walk around and play on the trains. There was a train that used to be located in Benton at Tyndall Park that is now in Eureka, we have pics of Hunter playing on a train that Aaron once played on as a child, Aaron thought that was neat. Hunter was definitely a happy boy around all those trains, it was like a kid in a candy store! The drive home was not pleasant, EVERYWHERE we stopped there was a line - didn't matter...we stood in a line to eat, to pee, to get gas...we were all ready to get out of the car and be HOME! What should have only taken 3 1/2 hours, took us 5 hours! I'll post pics later...

No comments:

Post a Comment