Mom and Me - Showing some leg!

Gordon, Julian and Me

I visited the cemetery this morning and placed new flowers in their vase. I'm sure Go-Go loves the pink flowers!


It's been 21 years since the tragic car accident that killed my mom and brother Gordon "Go-Go". I was only nine years old and it feels like just yesterday - I can still remember grabbing the steering wheel along with Gordon trying to get the car back on the road. A day does not go by that I don't think of them and wish that day had never happened, but then I think of that famous saying "Things happen for a reason". I guess I'm the person I am today because of it. I hate that I didn't grow up knowing my mother, I hate that I didn't get to continue that sister/brother relationship with Go-Go, he was such a good brother, he would let me play with him and his friends when most brothers want to lock their little sisters out of their rooms! Life was taken away from them too soon! My momma will never know my beautiful boys - but I know she is smiling down and is proud of her grandsons. I hope I make her proud by being the woman I have become - a good wife, a good mom, a good sister, a good friend... There are so many days that I wish I could just drive to my momma's house and get motherly advice, to enjoy holidays, daily life and challenges. I wonder what would have become of my brother - who would he be today???
Alan Jackson's "Sissy's Song" makes me think of my momma, here are the lyrics:
Why did she have to go
So young I just don't know why
Things happen half the time
Without reason without rhyme
Lovely, sweet young woman
Daughter, wife and mother
Makes no sense to meI just have to believe
She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me
Loved ones she left behind
Just trying to survive
And understand the why
Feeling so lost inside
Anger shot straight at God
Then asking for His love
Empty with disbelief
Just hoping that maybe
She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me
It's hard to say goodbye
Her picture in my mind
Will always be of times I'll cherish
And I won't cry 'cause
She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me
Don't worry 'bout me
Don’t worry 'bout me
Kenny Chesney's song "Who You'd Be Today" makes me think of Go-Go, here are the lyrics:
Sunny days seem to hurt the most
Wear the pain like a heavy coat
I feel you everywhere I go
I see your smile, I see your face
I hear you laughing in the rain
Still can't believe you're gone
It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
The death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through
Just knowing no one could take your love away
Sometimes I wonder who you'd be today
Would you see the world?
Would you chase your dreams?
Settle down with a family?
I wonder, what would you name your babies?
Some days the sky's so blue
I feel like I can talk to you
And I know it might sound crazy
It ain't fair you died too young
Like a story that had just begun
The death tore the pages all away
God knows how I miss you
All the hell that I've been through
Just knowing no one could take your love away
Sometimes I wonder who you'd be today
Today, Today, Today, Today, Today, Today
Sunny days seem to hurt the most
I wear the pain like a heavy coat
The only thing that gives me hope
Is I know I'll see you again someday
Someday, Someday






No comments:
Post a Comment